Sunday 7 November 2010

Phonegapping

After a problem where I could not scroll the application up and down with the touch screen, I soon saw the quality of the Phonegap CSS in all it's glory on my phone:

Phonegap example app running on my HTC Desire

The scrolling issue needed a slight code adjustment:

function init(){
document.addEventListener("touchmove", false);
document.addEventListener("deviceready", deviceInfo, true);
}


The first line of the function did read: document.addEventListener("touchmove", preventBehavior, false);

I will now continue to play with Phonegap but I'm starting to see it's limitations. I can see it not being very responsive and obviously games are out of the question. When I say games I mean anything with any movement, puzzle and strategy etc should be ok. In fact it maybe worth looking at some existing Javascript stuff and maybe porting it to Phonegap.

No comments: