Monday 14 February 2011

Not Android related

I was starting to forget that my blog wasn't just about Android development! Anyway after a request out of the blue to help a stranger (hi Matt!) use my DHCP Alert script I've decided to spend a bit of time modifying it. For those who don't know the script checks a Windows DHCP server log and when it finds a new lease has been issued it checks to see if the computer exists in Active Directory... and if it doesn't it sends an email to the specified email account.

I plan on making a few changes that Matt has requested like checking renewals and the option of turning off Active Directory checking. The script also badly needs some comments as I found whilst trying to help Matt with implementing the script. More on that to follow soon...

No comments: